Would your website benefit from a blog?
The days of having a static website are over. Your website should be a living, breathing part of your business and your blog is the beating heart. It can be the lifeblood for your bottom line… has that got your pulse racing?
If you have resisted having a blog or have started one and lost interest, it’s time you gave it another look.
Your customers need to be informed and kept up to date with the latest trends. They need to get to know you, trust you and build a relationship with you – a profitable relationship. If you don’t have a blog, how are you meeting these needs?
Your blog is the place in which you can build and establish your authority in your field, showcase your expertise and demonstrate your value and thereby attract your ideal customers. Your blog is where you build credibility, trust and nurture strong relationships. Your blog is a place to convert followers into fans – and into sales.
Your blog is valuable real estate. As well as raising your profile and helping with your search engine optimisation (SEO), the content forms an online library of articles that you can turn into passive income through products.
So what are you going to blog about? Here are some tips to making your blog a sensation.
- Post regularly and keep it consistent. Schedule it in your diary and make a commitment to blog at least once a week.
- Post interesting, uplifting, educating, funny videos – the easiest way is to use other people’s videos and make a comment on them.
- Comment on experiences, current events and share new ideas to encourage a conversation and engage your readers. Add value by sharing your experience and applying it to business lessons.
- Set up a spreadsheet or handy place where you can file interesting articles, posts, links etc that you can come back to at times like these when inspiration is lacking.
- Use your current work and clients as generic case studies and talk about lessons you have learnt whilst doing the work and ways it could be improved in future. Chances are there are lots of people out there with the same issues.