7 reasons to get more than one domain name
Many business owners make the mistake of purchasing a single domain name. Over time this can proof costly for a number of reasons. Instead business owners should obtain a variety of domain names for their company.
So what are the key benefits for registering more than one domain name?
- Expansion: Should your company go global and branch into international markets then it is important to have country specific domains. It is a well known fact that .com domains rank lower than country specific domains such as .com.au or.co.uk when searching from that country.
- Misspellings: It is important that users can find your site. Allowing for mis-spellings of the name will mean you can direct users who misspell your business name to the right destination instead of sending visitors to an error page.
- Competition: Acquiring more than one domain name for your business will mean avoiding pesky competition from registering a similar domain name and restricting your marketing reach.
- Offers: Registering variants can enable you to market and promote different products and services and even run successful competitions with an offer specific URL.
- Search: A website which has many of domain names attached to it is a lot easier to find. Customers much prefer having more than one way of finding you when searching the internet.
- Brand: Protect your brand and online identity is essential for any online business. Securing a variety of names will inevitably boost your brand presence and prevent other companies hijacking your company’s essence.
- Traffic: Purchasing keyword rich domains will play a valuable part in your search engine optimistation (SEO) plan and will no doubt increase traffic and search engine discoverability.
Netregistry has delivered great value domain names to over 200,000 Australian businesses. Register your domain name now.