6 ways to build your online brand effectively
Your business brand is the story and image of your business – a story that consumers share and engage with. It is the personality, if you like, of you or your business and it distinguishes you and positions you in the market even though you may be offering similar products or services as others. A good example of this is the difference between Coca Cola and Pepsi. Each brand tells a different story and both have loyal customers based upon their experience with the products.
In the real world, as consumers we base our continued support of a product or service upon our experience. Branding in this sense is both rational and emotive. We will rationally determine the value of a product to us and connect with the story of the product emotionally. Nike very successfully tapped into the emotive response of those who wanted to succeed with ‘just do it’.
Branding online for new businesses is all about creating a profile for you and your business, which builds trust with a particular segment of the market. Becoming the trusted authority in your area of expertise then having your online following share information about you is the equivalent of real time word of mouth marketing.
To brand yourself here are some things to consider:
- Be clear about your products and services and what you are offering.
- Distinguish yourself from competitors by positioning yourself within your niche market and highlighting the strength of how you are different to competitors. This determines why people should purchase from you.
- Develop your online communication via your website and social media sites to establish you as the trusted authority for your niche.
- Ensure that the visual images you present to the world, complement the image you want to portray and will appeal to your market.
- If you were establishing a business in the real world, you would choose a location most convenient for your target market. Do the same online. Find out where your niche market is online, and position yourself there with messages appropriate for that market.
- Ensure your branding includes a logo which is present on all your online communications such as email.
As the battle for customers intensifies daily online, a strong brand is invaluable. Take the time to research, define, and build your brand as this is your promise to your customer. Your brand is a foundational piece in your marketing strategy and an essential part of your online profile.
If you’re looking at taking your business online or would like to find out more about how to increase your brand presence through online marketing, contact WebCentral here or call today on 1800 800 099 to speak to a consultant.